Tight fairways, quick greens and the distracting beauty that is Central Alberta. The Innisfail Golf Club offers 27 holes that are as scenic as they are challenging. Three distinct 9-hole courses offer the variety and excitement needed to make Innisfail a must play experience. Wound through mature poplar and spruce trees combined with challenging water hazards and superbly maintained undulating greens, Innisfail is a true test of golfing skill.
Established in 1924, the Bill Robinson designed Innisfail Golf Course has developed into one of Alberta’s finest golfing experiences, having been selected as the site of the 2002 & 2016 Alberta Mens’ Amateur Championship and 2009 Alberta Senior Ladies Championship.
Facilities also include a fully stocked pro shop, driving range, practice green, licensed clubhouse and patio area. The tournament facility can hold up to 150 people and is complete with barbecue area, making it perfect for group or company functions year round.
Centrally located between Calgary and Edmonton, just 5 kilometers off the Queen Elizabeth highway, makes the Innisfail Golf Club extremely accessible and a truly pleasant golfing experience.
Course Architect: Bill Robinson
Fairway Grass – Bluegrass
Greens – Bent
Signature Hole: Hazelwood #6
Toughest Hole: Hazelwood #4
The Innisfail Golf Club exists to showcase the beauty of Central Alberta in its course, programs and through the genuine hospitality extended to our members, guests & the user groups we serve.
Deliver the Memorable!
The Innisfail Golf Club believes our primary responsibility is to provide a welcoming, friendly and relaxed organization – responsive to our community’s needs. We strive to promote golf to groups of all abilities, regardless of age or gender, and to promote fellowship in our events. Our operation is based on these fundamental values which define our character and establish the culture of the club:
- Integrity: Adherence to moral and ethical principles
- Stewardship: We will manage our resources responsibly – human, environmental and financial
- Team Work: Coordinated efforts towards the common cause
- RCGA rules govern all play except when local rules prevail
- Out of bounds: white stakes or any point outside the perimeter fence
- DO NOT enter environmentally sensitive areas – marked by red stakes with green tops
- Flagged or staked trees and all shrub beds are relief plus 1 club length, no nearer the hole (no penalty)
- Obstructions: 150 yard markers (bird houses), sprinkler heads, pathways, roadways, bridges, buildings and course fixtures are also relief plus 1 club length, no nearer the hole (no penalty)
- Carts are to be driven carefully following cart paths, while keeping off steep slopes and obeying all signage pertaining to carts
- Use provided sand bottles to fill divots, repair ball marks on green and rake all sand trap.