IGC COVID Procedures and Protocols
Last Updated: June 10th, 2021
We have entered Stage 2 as of June 10th, this means that we’re able to reinstate online booking and remove all player restrictions.
As a business operator, our priority is the well-being and safety of our Members, Guests, and Employees during this viral outbreak. Until this is behind us, we can expect many conversations and changing procedures. We continue to monitor the evolving global, federal, and provincial public health situations around COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and commit to following the latest directions provided to us by the relevant authorities. There are no limits as to the precautions that can be taken, however, with the information available we will endeavor to provide the safest environment possible for us to deliver a golf experience that adheres to our government and health regulators.
Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, or at high risk: do not enter any part of the golf facility. If you are unsure please use the self-assessment tool provided free online or through the Alberta Health Support App.
We want to thank all of you for your patience and cooperation during these interesting, and often confusing times. These restrictions would not be relaxing if it weren’t for your consistent adherence to the guidelines, so we’d like to thank all of you for doing your part to ensure everyone could continue to golf; even if it wasn’t necessarily with your preferred playing partners
It is imperative that our Members & Guests abide by the below protocols as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behaviour so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.
Update on the golf course and 27 holes of operation (when applicable):
We have begun operating on an 18-hole course and a 9-hole course on a rotational basis.
- Tee times on the 18-hole course will run from 6:30 am- 7:00 pm
- Tee times on the 9-hole course will run from 10:00 am- 7:00 pm
- The 9-hole course will be utilized for some league play, 9-hole green fee traffic, junior golf, and member play
- We encourage anyone only wanting to play 9 holes to book on the 9 hole course, allowing for more 18 hole rounds
- Carts will not be permitted in the parking lot, the reasons are for liability, insurance, and to maintain better social distancing.
Booking your Tee-Time
As in years past, we have made some improvements to our in-house tee time system to help better serve all of our patrons, members, and public alike.
- Booking can be done Online, via our mobile app, or by telephone (403)227-3444 ext. 2
- Bookings will be available 8 days in advance (for Members) and 7 days in advance (for the public), with only one person from the group making the reservation.
Cancellations and No-Shows
- Cancellations and adjustments are permitted up to 24 hours prior. to your scheduled tee time. No refunds will be provided for changes after this 24-hour period.
- “No Shows” are extremely expensive for the Golf Club. If you cannot make your tee time or need to adjust the number of players in your group, please cancel or change it prior to 24 hours before the tee time.
- MEMBERS: In cases of more than one infraction of “No Showing”, showing up with less than the number booked for, or making booking changes less than 24 hours before the tee time, your 8-day booking privileges will be reduced to 7 days.
- If infractions continue to occur you will lose all booking privileges for a 2-week period.
If the Innisfail Golf Club deems the course unplayable on your scheduled day of play, you will not be charged. The Innisfail Golf Club reserves the right to limit golf cart access to cart paths only during inclement weather. A rain check may be issued for a future visit if staff deem the golf course unplayable for any reason including weather and lightning.
Rain checks will be issued based on the number of holes you completed before the stoppage of play.
Current Facilities Changes at the Club
LAST UPDATED: As of June 10th, 2021, our facilities will be under the following changes as well. We will continue to adhere to regulations stipulated by Alberta Health Services and continue to expand our services only when it is deemed safe to do so by the professionals
- Please practice social distancing when in the Pro-shop.
- Masks will be required in all of our facilities, including Divots (unless seated), the Pro Shop, and Locker Rooms.
- Pro-shop: Limit of 5 golfers inside at one time.
- Locker Rooms: Masks are mandatory inside the locker rooms at all times.
- The washrooms will be open in the locker rooms and will be cleaned and sanitized regularly throughout the day. Sanitizers will also be provided in the locker rooms for members to wipe down their own locker
- Divot’s is now open for inside dining as well as our newly heated patio. Max 6 people per table.
Arriving at the Club
PRIORITY 1 – Practice physical distancing. Always stay a minimum of 2 meters or 6 feet apart. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Players must adhere to the current provincial mask mandate in all IGC buildings.
1. You can arrive more than 15 minutes before your tee time if you wish to eat at Divots or shop in the Pro Shop for merchandise. Please keep in mind that the Pro Shop is limited to only 5 people inside at one time.
2. Once you arrive in the parking lot, please follow the direction of all posted signage.
3. Check-in will be through the Pro Shop. Please allow for physical distancing at check-in. Only 5 Golfers in the Pro Shop at any time.
4. Power Carts – we are excited to announce there are no restrictions on golf carts. Any two individuals can ride together. This will greatly reduce the cart traffic and damage on the golf course
5. Driving Range
A. Driving Range is open – we are encouraging 1 basket per person for warm-up before your tee time
B. Baskets have all been sterilized, once you are finished with your warm-up, please take the basket to the blue bin to be sterilized again
6. Divots Restaurant
It is now open for inside dining as well as our newly heated patio and the 19th Hole for all players to grab refreshments prior to or during your round.
- 19th Hole will be open daily from 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Inside dining and the heated patio will be open. Max 6 People per Table.
- Curb-side pick-up will also be available daily from 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
7. The Snack Shack (located between Hazelwood 5 & 6 and Spruce 5 & 6) will be open, as well as the washrooms. Please adhere to all social distancing regulations that will be clearly marked when you arrive at the shack. The washrooms will be cleaned and sanitized frequently throughout the day.