Becoming a Shareholder of the Innisfail Golf Club
The biggest benefit to being a shareholder is that your Member Rates will be over $750.00 per person less per season compared to Non-Shareholder Rates. Spouse, Common Law and Cohabitating Dependant of a Shareholder are all eligible for the reduced rates.
Other benefits include:
- Holding Office on the Board of Directors
- Voting Privilages
- Deciding any major projects or directions the club is going in the future.
- Best of all it gives you a guaranteed place to play golf as long as the share is in your name.
As far as the transaction itself, the process is as follows:
- Fill out an Application for Share Purchase.
- Determine the price that you are comfortable paying for the purchase of the share. The approximate value to date is $2500 – $2700.
- The Club Manager will find a share for you to purchase.
- Once the amount is agreed upon you will need to have 2 Certified Cheques. One made out to the seller for the amount of the share. The second made out to the Innifail Golf Club for the Transfer Fee of $3000 + GST ($3150 total). For example: if $2500 is the share price then $2500 + $3150 = $5650 would be the complete amount for the share, transer and taxes.
- Once this is complete the transfer will go before the Board of Directors as a Motion for Approval and you will be our newest shareholder.