2020 IGC Procedures and ProtocolsLast Updated: May 29, 2020
As a business operator, our priority is the well being and safety of our Members, Guests, and Employees during this viral outbreak. Until this is behind us, we can expect many conversations and changing procedures. We continue to monitor the evolving global, federal, and provincial public health situations around COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and commit to following the latest directions provided to us by the relevant authorities. There are no limits as to the precautions that can be taken, however, with the information available we will endeavor to provide the safest environment possible for us to deliver a golf experience that adheres to our government and health regulators.
Any players with any symptoms of COVID-19, or at high risk: do not enter any part of the golf facility. If you are unsure please use the self assessment tool provided free online or through the Alberta Health Support App. Also do not enter any part of the facility if you are: from a household with someone with any symptoms of COVID-19; self-isolating as a result of contact with an infected person or in families who are self-isolating; or have traveled outside of Canada or the province within the last 14 days (or residing with someone who has). Please stay home for now, and we look forward to seeing you at a later date.
Innisfail Golf Club is taking certain measures to help prevent the possible spread of the virus. To support the efforts of the individual, we have implemented certain strategies at this property that include:
Update on the golf course and 27 holes of operation:
- We will begin June 1st operating on an 18-hole course and a 9-hole course on a rotational basis.
- Tee times on the 18-hole course will run from 6:30 am- 7:00 pm
- Tee times on the 9-hole course will run from 10:00 am- 7:00 pm
- The 9-hole course will be utilized for some league play, 9-hole green fee traffic, junior golf, and member play
- We encourage anyone only wanting to play 9 holes to book on the 9 hole course, allowing for more 18 hole rounds through-out the day.
- Carts will not be permitted in the parking lot, the reasons are for liability, insurance, and to maintain better social distancing.
Booking Your Tee-Time
1. Bookings will be Online or by phone only at 403-227-3444 ext 3
2. If you are booking online and looking to play on our 9-hole course, please ensure you select “9 holes” from the drop-down menu found in the top right corner of Carma Direct. This will ensure you get a tee time on the 9-hole course and not the 18-hole course.
3. 8 days booking for Members and 7 days for Guests, in advance with only one person from the group making the reservation.
4. No walk-ons – if you are a single player, please call the pro-shop and we will do our best to find a time for you to play.
Please Remember: “No Shows” will be extremely expensive for the Golf Club this season. If you cannot make your tee time, please cancel it to give us an opportunity to fill or assign it to another customer. In the case of more than one infraction of “No Showing” or showing up with less than the booked for group size, monetary penalties will be applied.
Current Facilities Changes at the Club
LAST UPDATED: As of May 29th, our facilities will be under the following changes until further notice. We will continue to adhere to regulations stipulated by Alberta Health Services and continue to expand our services only when it is deemed safe to do so by the professionals
- Pro-shop: OPEN for merchandise and accessories, with a limit of 4 golfers inside at one time.
- Divots: In-room dining and both patios at 50% their max seating capacity. Table service only, but takeout is still available from the clubhouse and snack shack.
- Locker Rooms: No more than 4 people in the locker room at any time. The washrooms will be open in the locker rooms and will be cleaned and sanitized regularly throughout the day. Sanitizers will also be provided in the locker rooms for members to wipe down their own locker
- Take out food will continue to be available at Divots
- Putting Green is open: No more than 4 people on the putting green at one time.
- NO Rental or Demos Clubs will be available
Arriving at the Club
PRIORITY 1 – Practice physical distancing. Always stay a minimum of 2 meters or 6 feet apart. Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
1. You can arrive more than 15 minutes before your tee time if you wish to eat at Divots or shop in the Pro Shop for merchandise. Pleases keep in mind that the restaurant is operating at 50% seating capacity and the Pro Shop can only have 4 people inside at one time.
2. Once you arrive in the parking lot, please follow the direction of the lot attendant and all posted signage.
3. Please change shoes in the parking lot and respect the closed areas of the Clubhouse.
4. Check-in will be through the Pro Shop. Please allow for physical distancing at check-in. Only Four Golfers in the Pro Shop at any time.
5. Power Carts
A. One person to a cart unless you are from the same household.
B. Golfers will be expected to load their own power-carts to prevent common touching. The carts will be cleaned sanitized after each use.
C. Once you have completed your round, please go directly to the designated “Cart Return” area, remove your clubs and head back to your vehicle.
6. Driving Range
A. Driving Range is Open for WARM-UP purposes ONLY!
B. Practice social distancing at all times- every second stall is closed
C. Baskets have all been sterilized, once you are finished with your warm-up, please take the basket to the blue bin to be sterilized again
D. Balls are not to be touched, irons only. No drivers or tees will be allowed
E. With the limited space available, we are encouraging 1 basket per person for warm-up before your tee time
5. As of May 14th, Divots Restaurant will be OPEN. All facilities including the in-room dining and both patios will be operating at 50% seating capacity. Table service only, however, takeout will continue to be available from the clubhouse and snack shack. Please check out our 2020 menu and taste the creations done by our new executive chef Matt Burton.
6. The Snack Shack (located between Hazelwood 5 & 6 and Spruce 5 & 6) will be open, as well as the washrooms. Please adhere to all social distancing regulations that will be clearly marked when you arrive at the shack. The washrooms will be cleaned and sanitized frequently throughout the day.
7. The locker rooms are closed for the time being. We hope to open them as quickly as possible when deemed safe by Alberta Health Services.
On Course Modifications
1. Once you have been checked-in and you are loaded up in your chart, you will head directly to the #1 Tee to meet the rest of your group, while observing distancing guidelines and modified greetings (nods and waves – NO handshakes or high fives)
2. Social Distancing practices must be maintained throughout the course of your day. Marshalls will be on course to ensure all groups are adhering to this policy. If you or any member of your group is found to be in violation of this rule, you will be immediately removed from the course with no refund.
3. Flags must remain in the hole at ALL times. Please do not touch the flagstick. We have installed pool noodles added for easy retrieval of your ball. We also encourage 2-foot gimmies!
4. Golfers should only touch their own equipment (balls, clubs, tees etc.)
5. Bunkers will not have any rakes. If you do enter the bunker, please “rake” the area of play with your foot after you have played your shot.
6. All benches will remain closed and should not be used at any time.
7. All ball washers and sand buckets have been removed or closed for use from the tee boxes. In order to keep the teeing area in good condition, we ask that you please replace divots when possible.
8. As mentioned above, no rental equipment will be available. Please bring your own pushcart if you plan to walk.
9. No handshakes on the 18th green and do not exchange money!
10. Once you complete your round, please exit the facility promptly and travel home safely.
Consider carrying your own hand sanitizer and use frequently while at the facility.
Additional Club Protocols in Effect
1. Increasing the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all Club areas, especially in areas of high use, such as washrooms and door handles.
2. Placing additional hand sanitizer stations in high traffic, communal areas e.g. entrance to Pro shop, exit from washrooms.
3. Removing self-service food and beverage stations.
4. Training employees on safety and sanitary precautions and protocols.
5. Adding educational signage reminding all golfers and employees to take preventative measures to minimize risk.
6. Removing non-essential items around the Golf Course and Clubhouse that can be handled by multiple persons.
7. Encouraging nods or waves instead of handshakes.
8. Enforcing Physical distancing. Stay a minimum of 2 meters/6ft apart at all times.
Pace of Play & Etiquette
In an effort to live up to our reputation as one of the best golf experiences in Alberta, it is our goal to provide consistency starting from the First Tee. Starters & Marshalls will be present for the majority of the day. This coverage may vary on days of low usage. To ensure the efficient operations of our facility, all guests and members please be aware of the Club’s expectations before you Tee off.
- Estimated time of play is 4 hours
- Course marshal has the authority to remove you from the club (without refund) if you fail to adhere to public health safety measures, including social distancing practices
- Obey all on-course signs
- Maintenance personnel have the right of way
- All complaints and inquiries must be directed to the appropriate department manager. All club rules and rules of common courtesy must be strictly adhered to for the benefit and safety of all
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES are players permitted to bring their own Alcoholic beverages onto these premises as this is an A.G.L.C. LICENSED FACILITY
*NO PERSONAL COOLERS WILL BE ALLOWED*
The Innisfail Golf Club will be a CANNABIS-FREE facility. The use of cannabis will not be permitted anywhere on our grounds.
All players and volunteers need to comply with the Innisfail Golf Club dress code. Tailored pants or shorts and a collared shirt are suggested. Ladies may wear a shirt without a collar, providing it has sleeves, or they may wear a sleeveless shirt providing it has a collar. Persons not following the dress code will be denied access to the golf course.
Only golf shoes with soft spikes (no metal spikes) or shoes with soft soles will be permitted.
NON ACCEPTABLE CLOTHING
- Sweat Pants
- Gym shorts, Tennis shorts
- Muscle or Tank shirts
- Spaghetti Straps
- Obscenely lettered clothing
- Ripped or torn clothing
Management is empowered to enforce this Dress Code and will make discretionary decisions where necessary.